Updated/Edited: 8 April 2016
Brad’s father’s ancestry!
Surnames: Boettner and Rust
This is the ancestry of Bruce and Brad’s grandmother, Anna Lena Boettner, beginning with her father, Christian Gerhart Boettner from Germany.
Anna Lena is Aidan, Ashley and Haley’s 2nd Great-Grandmother and Christian is their 3rd Great-Grandfather.
Last Generation in Germany
A. GERHARTA BOETTNER was born in Germany. He married LENA JANNING. (These two names are on the death record for Chris Boettner, original documents are still needed!)
Children of Gerhart and Lena (Janning) Boettner:
1. i. CHRISTIAN GERHART “Chris” BOETTNER, b. in Germany on 18 Sep 1854.
1. ii. ERNEST BOETTNER, b. in Germany; married BARBARA
First Generation in America
(Bruce and Brad’s Great-Grandfather)
1. CHRISTIAN GERHART¹ “Chris” BOETTNER, (GerhartA)was born in Weidenhausen, Germany in Sep 1854. He married in Johnson County, Iowa, on 26 Dec 1882, LENA CLEMINTINA JANNING. She was born in Germany about 1866, according to the Washington State Census of 1 Apr 1892.
He arrived in the states in 1880 at the age of 26 and by 1892 was a resident of Pierce County, Washington State. In the 1900 Census the family is living in Spanaway, Pierce County, Washington with Christian and Lena “BIDNER” and SIX of their children. They are next-door neighbors to Ernst and Barbara “BIDNER” and their FIVE children.
Children of Christian Gerhart and Lena (Janning) Boettner:
2. i. CHRISTINA E.² BOETTNER, b. in Iowa in 1883; d. at Spanaway in 1934; m. CHRISTOPHER MAHON. (not in 1900 Census)
2. ii. ERNEST² BOETTNER, b. in South Dakota in Oct 1884 (1900 Census)
2. iii. LAURA² BOETTNER, b. in South Dakota in 1886 (“Phemia” in 1900 Census)
2. iv. ANNA LENA² BOETTNER, b. in South Dakota in Feb. 1888 (“Annie” 1900)
2. v. BARBARA² BOETTNER, b. in Washington in Mar 1892 (1900 Census)
2. vi. EDNA BOETTNER, b. in Washington in 1896 (1900 Census)
2. vii. MARY BOETTNER, b. in Washington in May 1894 (1900 Census)
2. ANNA LENA² BOETTNER, (Christian Gerhart¹, GerhartA) was born in South Dakota on 4 Feb 1888 and died at Seattle, King County, Washington on 5 Nov 1965. She married, first, in Pierce County, Washington on 16 Oct 1907, CLAUDE DELANO RUST.
Children of Claude Delano and Anna Lena (Boettner) Rust: