Updated: 14 Feb 2014:
This is the ancestry of my 6th Great-Grandmother Content SOULE, beginning with her immigrant ancestor, my 10th Great-Grandfather George SOULE, a passenger on the Mayflower. George SOULE, the Mayflower Pilgrim, is Aidan, Daniel, Lillian, and Callen’s 12th great grandfather!
First Generation in the New World
1. George SOULE, “was born by 1602 based on his probable date of marriage.”[S1] He came to Plymouth on the Mayflower as a servant of Edward Winslow. “He died between September 20, 1677, and January 20, 1679/80, in Duxbury”[S1] in Massachusetts. “He married Mary BUCKETT about 1626 and had nine children. She died about December 1676.”[S1]
Children of George SOULE and Mary BUCKETT, all born at New Plymouth Plantation in New England:
i. Zachariah Soule, born before 22 May 1627, died before 11 Dec 1663
ii. John Soule, b about 1632; died before 14 Nov 1707
iii. Nathaniel Soule, b. c 1638; d. before 12 Oct 1699
2. iv. George SOULE, (George 1), b. c 1639
v. Susanna Soule
vi. Mary Soule, died after 29 Apr 1718
vii. Elizabeth Soule, born c 1645; married Francis Walker
viii. Patience Soule, died 11 Mar 1705/6 in Middleboro, Massachusetts
ix. Benjamin Soule, died after 1676
For more information about George Soule, our Mayflower ancestor, see:
Pilgrim Hall Museum: “The nation’s oldest continuously operating public museum, Pilgrim Hall Museum houses an unmatched collection of Pilgrim possessions telling the story of brave and determined men and women building lives and homes for themselves and their children in a new world.”
Caleb Johnson’s Mayflower History: “Welcome to MayflowerHistory.com, the Internet’s most complete and accurate website dealing with the Mayflower passengers and the history of the Pilgrims and early Plymouth Colony.”
2. George SOULE, (George 1), born about 1639 in Duxbury, Plymouth Plantation Colony in Massachusetts. He married Deborah THOMAS about 1661 in Dartmouth, New Plymouth Colony, Massachusetts. George, Jr. died around 1704 in Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts. They had EIGHT children together.
Children of George SOULE and Deborah THOMAS:
John SOULE, died 1704
William SOULE, born 1670 and died 1723
3. Nathan SOULE, born 1675 and died 1736
3. Nathan SOULE, (George 2, George 1), was born about 1675 in Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts. He married Marcy/Mary GIFFORD on 12 Jun 1704 in Dartmouth, Bristol, Massachusetts.
Children of Nathan SOULE and Marcy GIFFORD:
i. Content SOULE, born 1705 in Dartmouth
ii. John SOULE, born 1707
iii. Cornelius SOULE, born 1711; died 1782
4. iv. Timothy SOULE, born 10 Apr 1714; died 1770
v. Mary SOULE, born 1720; died 1759
4. Timothy SOULE, (Nathan 3, George 2, George 1), was born in Dartmouth, Bristol County, Massachusetts on 10 Apr 1714. He married Elizabeth ALLEN 6 Jan 1737 in Dartmouth.
Children of Timothy SOULE and Elizabeth ALLEN, all born Dartmouth, Bristol County, Massachusetts:
i. William SOULE, born 1738/9; married Anna SEWELL, about 1761; died 23 Mar 1811 in Alburgh, Grand Isle County, Vermont.
ii. Ebenezer SOULE born late 1730’s.
5. iii. Content SOULE, born about 1742. Married George SHELDON.
iv. Margaret SOULE was born about 1745.
v. Joseph SOULE was born about 1747.
S1 – Pilgrim Village Families Sketch: George Soule at www.americanancestors.org
George Soule at the New England Historic Genealogical Society’s American Ancestors web site about the pilgrim families.